Sunday, August 7, 2016

A Quick "Hello!" From our new Creative Director

Hello friendors, fans + followers!

It has been pretty quiet over here on the blog for the last, well...three years...*gasp*...and we sure do have MUCH to catch up on, But...first things first!

I'd love to introduce myself!
My name is Ryanne Steele and I am the new Creative Director + Lead Designer of OTL! For those of you in the local San Francisco Bay Area wedding + special events industry, you may already know me as the owner of Steele My Heart, a wedding planning + hand lettering company.

"Hi everyone!!!"

For those of you I have yet to meet, I am thoroughly looking forward to meeting, connecting + creating some magic with all of you! I am thrilled for the opportunity + the honor of taking OTL on a new adventure! Our founder, Amanda, created something so special with her carefully curated collection, which consists mostly of French antiques + trinkets from her travels across the globe. It's truly amazing to be surrounded with so much history + beauty each day that I'm in our new warehouse!

The collection we have tells a story of where we came from, but I am excited to see how we can take our collection in new directions; mixing in more color + patterns, playing with textiles + textures, adding styles from various decades, letting inspiration from nature + a little modernity influence the collection.

I am also excited to take our collection on new adventures, literally! I am a California girl through and through, so I find my biggest inspiration from that magical place where the land meets the sea. I've just always felt a little tingle anytime I'm near the ocean (Have you read Blue Mind?) and want to take our rentals on as many road trips as possible, near or far! I'm a diehard road-tripper, and will almost always drop anything to pack a bag, hit the road + discover a new place! The thought of including a mini trailer full of our Lovelies (or finding a VW Van in sea foam green would be cool too, just sayin'), to capture their beauty, from the Big Sur coast, up to Lake Tahoe, and back down to Santa Barbara, then through the dessert to Palm Springs, over the Rocky Mountains and just get's me so excited!

With that said, I have so much more to share with you here on the blog over the next few weeks. I will be sharing a little bit more of the OTL story, and what's been happening since the beginning of the year. There's been huge galas, a celebrity wedding, we were published in print twice, delivered rentals to over 35 happy couples or clients, hired a new team, have had a handful of online features, sourced some new + exciting inventory...and that's the tip of the iceberg!

I am really looking forward to sharing this new OTL adventure with all of you, and I'm hoping to meet all of you awesome people one day soon!

Love + Light ~Ryanne

PS: Here's The Engagement picture of my adorable Great-Grandparents used in the local newspaper to announce their marriage in 1935. (Back when you only took one image, ONE!) 
Because #LOVE ... and I have a 'thing' for old-timey photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment