Friday, June 14, 2013

featured // SMP living

When my wonderful friend, Melanie, told me she needed help nailing down the look and feel of her upcoming birthday party I jumped at the opportunity to help! Melanie wanted a look that was simple and easy to achieve. When I asked her what colors she wanted to see at her party she mentioned really liking pastels also the color grapefruit. My mind immediately went to a fun, summery palette of soft pinks + peaches paired with crisp citrus colors like tangerine + grapefruit. Since the party was being held at Hog Island Oyster Co. in Tomales Bay I wanted to incorporate navy blue to ground the bright, summery colors and give a nod to the location's nautical vibe. The Hog Island Oyster Co. sign also happens to be navy which made the pop of blue even more perfect!

Here's the board that I created for Melanie:



And here's the board brought to life by Melanie: 




Didn't she do a great job of sourcing items + bringing the vision to life?  I was really proud of her! I don't know about you guys but my favorite parts of the table are the fabulous striped runner from Heath Ceramics and the florals by Natalie Bowen Designs!

You can see more from Melanie's birthday party over on Style Me Pretty Living

xo, 
A


No comments:

Post a Comment