Wednesday, March 20, 2013

featured: martha stewart weddings

You know those times when you are so excited that you have a hard time formulating words let alone complete sentences? Well, this is one of those times. I am so darn excited. If I were speaking out loud to you right now I would likely be stuttering. Okay, let's be real,  I'd also be jumping up and down and flailing my arms around a bit. (Do you have a good mental picture formed in your head? Excellent. We can continue....)

So why all the jumping and flailing? My work (along with some other incredibly talented artists) was featured on Martha Stewart Weddings yesterday!!! YES. Martha. Stewart. Weddings. I'm not even going to try to play cool and pretend this isn't a big deal to me because Martha is practically my hero. I am so incredibly honored!!!

One True Love Vintage Rentals has been featured on MSW before (I did a happy dance that day as well!) but this is a first for my styling work through Amanda O'Shannessy Creative. And holy moly does it feel good. Not only does it feel good because I absolutely love how this wedding turned out aesthetically (the dinner entryway door + wagon was my favorite design of last year!) but it feels good because this was a dream wedding to work on from start to finish. The bride, Gabrielle, and the groom, Tony, are two of the most talented and loving people I have ever had the privilege of working with. They are two of those people who you meet and instantly feel a connection with (I honestly wanted to be a guest at their wedding!). The vendors that they selected were top notch and a breeze to work with. And the icing on the cake? At the very beginning of the design process Gabrielle told me her vision and let me run with it. I really can't emphasize the importance of this enough. Find talented vendors who you trust wholeheartedly and let them do their thing. Fabulousness will ensue, I promise :)

Thank you Gabrielle + Tony for giving me the opportunity to bring your vision to life.

Thank you to the talented vendor team that made G + T's day so amazing:

PhotographyChristina Richards
LocationChateau Julien 
CateringAlicia Phillips of Classic Catering
FlowersStudio Choo
MusicProof Jazz
MakeupKim Larson

And a very special thanks to my awesome OTL team. Couldn't have done it without you ladies!

You can see more of Gabrielle + Tony's big day here on Martha Stewart Weddings!



  1. That's amazing, congratulations! Fully deserved :-)

  2. This post is really informative to all kind of people. I am very happy to see the post. I will request you to give more information about this. I have gotten many knowladable speech form here. I have also website where you can get some knowledge which may be for your welfare. Visit here…..
    true love