Thursday, February 14, 2013

amanda o'shannessy creative // launch!!!

For those of you who follow OTL closely you know that I get absolutely giddy with excitement when I have the opportunity to style a wedding or a photo shoot. Coming up with a design concept, sourcing props and materials, getting out that gold spray paint and glitter, working with other talented vendors to bring a vision to life....styling (in addition to the flea market!) is my happy place.

From the very first day that I dreamt up OTL, my business plan was a two parter: First of all, I wanted to build an amazing, well-curated collection of vintage furniture + decor. I didn't just want to offer any ol' vintage item for rent. I only wanted to offer pieces that spoke to me and that I knew, in turn, would speak to my clients. Secondly, I wanted to help our clients dream up creative ways to use our rentals in the grander scheme of their event. I wanted to help our clients see the vision beyond the rentals and I wanted to help our clients bring that vision to life. As a girl who sees the potential in an entire event, I always felt most at home when I was involved in not only the rentals, but also the styling and creative direction of the day.

So, after two years of offering styling service under the umbrella of OTL (and a whole lot of soul-searching) it became clear that it was time to give my styling services a home of their own. A place where styling wasn't playing second fiddle to rentals, but rather, was a full service in and of itself. This process of creating a "home" for my styling services has been in the works for months now and today I am SO SO SO excited to reveal our new sister company: Amanda O'Shannessy Creative. 

Through Amanda O'Shannessy Creative (aka AOC. you guys know I love a good acronym...) I will be offering creative direction, design, and styling for weddings + photo shoots. While these are all services that we have been offering through OTL for the past couple years there will be a different focus now: through OTL we were often hired to style one or two areas of an event whereas the focus of Amanda O'Shannessy Creative will be on Full Design + Styling. After styling many events and shoots it became clear to me that in order to give my clients the best possible work, I have to be there to see the design from start to finish.

In addition to our styling services our workshop series, Styled. The Workshop, will now be housed under Amanda O'Shannessy Creative. While OTL will always be a part of the workshop series when the workshop is taking place here in the Bay Area, I am looking to bring our workshops to other cities across the country this year! Unfortunately OTL pieces don't fit so well into suitcases ;)

So what does all of this mean for OTL clients?

Is everything going to change now? Will we still be offering vintage rentals? Do you have to hire AOC for styling in order to rent from OTL? And if you hire AOC for styling are you required to rent from OTL?

No. Yes. No. No.

That's not confusing at all is it? Let me break it down a bit better:

1. One True Love Vintage Rentals isn't going anywhere. In fact, we are gearing up for our busiest season yet and are adding some amazing new rentals to our ever-growing collection. 2013 is shaping up to be incredible!

2. You do not need to hire AOC to rent from OTL.

3. You do not need to rent from OTL if you hire AOC

And for those of you who have been dying to work with me but aren't in the Bay Area - fabulous news: AOC services are available worldwide! We will travel anywhere and everywhere but France, Argentina, Iceland, Australia, Spain and Italy are at the tippy top of my dying-to-work-here list. know...putting it out there...

So what do you guys think? I hope that you are all as excited as I am about this new adventure! If you'd like to stay up-to-date on AOC happenings, head on over to our facebook + twitter pages and show AOC some love :) I'll also be using instagram to share the latest OTL + AOC happenings so if you aren't following me there yet, hop to it!

Thank you to each and every one of you who has made OTL what it is today and given me the courage to take this leap. I am so looking forward to this new chapter. 2013 is going to be the best year yet :)