Sunday, November 11, 2012

portfolio building day: desserts

Ok guys, I have a bit of a secret to share today. This may change the way some of you look at me but I feel like it's really important to be honest. Please don't judge me too harshly but...

I don't like cupcakes. In fact, I find them slightly revolting.

Typically, the frosting to cake ratio is just all wrong. Cakes have a thin layer of frosting and lots of, well, cake. Cupcakes on the other hand, are just too frosting-y. WHERE IS THE CAKE PART? And even when I find the "cake part" it's usually dry and tasteless. Long story short, I am almost always disappointed when I eat cupcakes.

Until I tried cupcakes from Sift Cupcakes + Dessert Bar. No really. Sift changed my life mind.

I went from a "no cupcake for me, thanks though!" kind of girl to a "I'll take the Battle Royale, Red Velvet and Samoa cupcakes please...yes, one box, they're all for me." gal. Why the change of heart? Because my heart just can't argue with deliciousness.

So what is it about Sift's cupcakes that are so different from others? First of all, they've got the cupcake to frosting ratio thing down pat. There's just enough frosting and it's never overwhelming. Secondly, the cake part never disappoints  They're super flavorful and sometimes, there's filling INSIDE the cake (see photo below for proof). So good. Thirdly, Sift has won Cupcake Wars. Enough said.

Aside from the fact that I love Sift's desserts, they have also been amazing to work with at events this past season. The quality of their products is always amazing and their staff is just a dream to work with. They also have a fabulous selection of platters and stands (many of them vintage!) so it's super fun to style a dessert table with them. At one of our recent weddings the mother-of-the-bride loved the Sift dessert table that we styled so much that she actually cried. Sift + OTL: making MOB's cry since 2012.

While we don't expect you to cry when you see the dessert table that OTL + Sift are working on for our Portfolio Building Day, we do hope that you absolutely love it! It will feature white, gold, and berry colored desserts. Oh, and there will be glitter, so you know it'll be good.

Sift, we are so excited to have you on board! We can't wait for many more opportunities to work with you (and eat your treats!) in the future!



  1. I almost closed out of this post immediately after you said you found cupcakes revolting. I was going to reconsider our entire friendship. You're lucky I kept reading.

    1. HAHAHA. phew! thank goodness you kept reading!!