Thursday, October 13, 2011

we're married!

Wow. Yet again I have been a TERRIBLE blogger. I feel really bad for leaving you all hanging (as I'm pretty sure I promised more frequent blog updates...) but I assure you there is a very good reason behind my utter blogging fail. When I last posted I was a month away from my wedding. To all you married folks out there you know that hitting the one month mark means it's serious crunch time. For all of you brides-to-be and grooms-to-be, you will soon see that that last month is a huge blur! An amazingly fun, albeit stressful and action-packed blur, but a blur nevertheless. So claiming I was going to update the blog more frequently a month before my wedding was just plain silly of me. Did I mention we provided rentals and styling for weddings and events every weekend (not to mention some weekdays!) during the month leading up to our big day? Yes, indeedy. It was pure madness. Let's just say I'm happy to have made it through August and September alive!

Well August and September have come and gone and now I'm a married woman! And boy, let me tell ya, after over 6 years of dating IT FEELS GOOD to say those words! 

Paul and I tied the knot at Radonich Ranch in the Santa Cruz Mountains, which I highly highly recommend if you are looking for a rustic, outdoor location with lots of charm and character. We were surrounded by our wonderful family and friends (some of whom travelled from as far away as Australia!) and some lovely One True Love Vintage Rental pieces of course! It was really special to know that almost every piece of furniture, aside from table and chair rentals, was something that I had lovingly collected these past few years. It was also great to have our family and friends get a glimpse at what we do everyday. They kept saying "Oh, so THIS is what you do! We were really confused with the whole vintage rental thing!"

It was a little strange to be on the "other side" as the bride instead of the vendor but I think I did a pretty good job of taking off my wedding industry hat for the day and just focusing on tying the knot! Aside from a minor meltdown in the hotel while getting ready (let's just say I would not recommend writing your vows at the last minute!) I was cool as a cucumber. I have to say, It's easy to be worry-free when you have phenomenal vendors who you trust completely to bring your wedding vision to life! As someone who is ridiculously hard to please I am shocked to report that I wouldn't have changed a single thing about our day (except maybe our end time...I could have kept dancing all night long!). I know much of this is thanks to Megan + Emily of Enjoy Events Co. and Marky Carr of Radonich Ranch, who are beyond awesome at what they do! 

I promise there will be a full run down of our vendors, the OTL pieces that we used and of course lots of photos very soon - but for now, here's a sneak peek into our day from Seaglass Cinema, our amazing videographers!

Lots more to come soon!

the brand new Mrs. O'Shannessy!


  1. Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see pics!

    Congratulations Mrs. O!

  2. CONGRATS!!! Happy to see you are back!

  3. thanks everyone!!! happy to be back and blogging :)